Ingat.... baca basmalah dulu...

Ahad, Julai 05, 2015

So how my procrastination story is all about?

Assalamualaikum w.b.t., good days and Happy Fasting to all who are currently fasting either you're a Muslim, or you're not but having a try. It's a blessing to fast, since I don't have to worry on my pocket money to be drained very fast in just couple of days. Haha.
Wise words from anime Silver Spoon: Special Dinner. Worth trying to watch it!

This morning, I was reading an article from cilisos.my about epic procrastination stories by Malaysian procrastinators. Check this link to read more about the epic stories that even made me laugh and stunned!

So how my procrastination story is all about?


Around September 2013 (if I'm not mistaken), where most schools had already knew their trial SPM results, and just on track with SPM 2013.

But us, in 4P (now, it's called Kolej PERMATApintar), was just couple of weeks after finishing our Trial SPM examinations (made by our own, proud lecturers). Scary as usual, lists of carry marks were already being pasted in most of lecturers' notice boards since the starting of the trial exams. I was looking to my Chemistry lecturer's notice board, where the list stated that my carry mark was just 3.75 over 40 (Read: Three point seven five over forty!).
Flashing back to several weeks before Trial SPM, lots of assignments were given to us so we had to submit for the Trial SPM carry marks. And lab reports, too. What do I do instead? Yup, procrastinating. Kept the question papers in my personal Chemistry file, (and continued watching anime. Haha)

Some of the example of assignments given at that time. (Ok, this is just a googled image,  so the copyright goes to the www.sciencehq.com actually)

And about two weeks after that, my Chemistry lecturer was having a conference (or induction, I can't remember) that she wasn't in 4P around that week. So she had asked one of my classmate (thank you classmate, and all my classmates for noticing my procrastination) for me to submit all of the unhanded assignments so that she can evaluate more my marks.

Making it more freak, only 2 students in my class (including me) was having carry mark lower than 5. But the other one had settled the procrastination problem faster than me. The other class where she also taught that time, there was about 4-5 students who had the same fate as me. Procrastinating, and got lower than 5 for carry mark. So I had burnt some midnight oils (perhaps skipping weekends, too) by finishing all the assignments to be sent by e-mail before the next Monday (since she won't be around there starting next Monday).

(Copyright by Muhammad Azammuddin) Hey, look! It's my sent e-mail to the lecturer! Even I have typos there. Very bad student...

After several classes, she had finally announced to my class regarding our finalized Chemistry marks for the Trial SPM. Turns out my marks was absolutely on the B+ grade, 70, while some of my classmates were all below that. (I feel very grateful for that, though. Alhamdulillah...). And when I asked the other class who had the same fate as me (but kept procrastinating till the end), they got failed grades. I whispered myself right after hearing that news "Fuhh, luckily I sent all of the assignments to her on time. If not, I would be crying tears for eternity. just because I'm failing since I'm procrastinating"

However, kids. I really want to emphasize here that procrastination is not good UNLESS you know how to deal with it. And giftedness is not an issue in here, actually (Why? Because the other classmate who had the same fate as me, had helped me a lot through the submission, including spent nights in his room just for WiFi, and copying 'a template' of the assignment from him. Haha thanks bro!).
This is why sometimes I hate about my room when I was in Form 5. Huh, or Huhu?
Okay ironically, I was writing this blog entry, while I haven't started yet my Chemistry 2 project. while I'm pretty sure the project has to be submitted several weeks after Aidilfitri break. time to read some paper works on Chemistry! Have a good day (and iftar, too)!.